Self Harm Help
You Are Beautiful, you really are. I believe that you don’t need to do this anymore. You can be strong and make it through this without cutting. You don’t need to rely on it to escape your pain. You’re only making it harder for yourself. Break free. And do it for Yourself
Here are a few ways to try to stop cutting/self harming. these are just some thing that i have done with a couple others from friends. They may not work for you but give them a shot:
- Snapping a rubber band against your wrist, it really helps give a shock of pain without harming your body.
- Listening to Music that helps you think about the good in life. No Boys/Girls, No Sex, No Drugs. Just music. Make sure that it won’t be triggering. Alan Parsons really helps me with that for me. I recommend the Vulture Culture Album.
- Drawing on your body with markers. Positive things, like doodles or encouraging thoughts.
- Squishing a stress ball. This helps me because i get really fidgety and anxious. Meditating can help with this. just deep breath and trying to clear your mind.
- Watch something on Television like a cartoon. something to make you laugh and take your mind off of self harm
- Writing out what is making you feel bad. I keep a separate journal for things like this.
- Taking a Bubble bath before bed to relax yourself. listen to calming music while your in the tub! and if you feel like it, light a few candles for around the tub for a nice soft glow of light. However, skip this option if you are a burner. you don’t need that interrupting your relaxation.
- Yell into a pillow and beat it up until you feel better.
- Don’t be afraid to cry.
100days 200days 1year
My Days Clean: 1 Year + 78 days as of February 25th 2013
28 days clean as of May 14th 2013